- 4 people
- 2 x 400grm tins of chick peas, drained and rinsed
- 500 grams fresh spinach
- 4 cloves garlic, skin removed
- Virgin Olive
- 2 slices of white bread, should be slightly stale
- Smokey paprika
1. Place spinach and chick peas in a large pan with enough water to cover the chick peas. Bring to the boil and let simmer until the spinach is cooked
2. Por a couple of slugs of oil into a frying pan, add the garlic and gently fry until the garlic turns golden.
3. Tear the bread into chunks and fry with the garlic until slightly crisp and golde.
4. Blitz the garlic and bread to fine bread crumbs and add to the chick peas, to thicken and flavor.
5. Take the oil off the heat and add a couple of generous teaspoons of paprika – take care it does not burn as it will be very bitter. Add to the pan with chick pea mixture and let it simmer for another 10 minutes, then leave to sit, allowing the flavors to blend. Salt to taste.