- 500 grams of lean cubed meat – of your choice.
- Juice of one lemon
- 5 peeled and crushed cloves of garlic
- 1 dessert spoon of smoky paprika
- 2 teaspoons of hot paprika
- 1 dessert spoon of crushed cumin seed
- A few strands of saffron – toast it on a small piece of aluminum, over a small flame quickly
- Half teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 handfull of chopped corriander
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 120 ml virgin extra olive oil
- Mix all the ingredients together, cover with the dish with cling film and if possible leave to marinade in a cool place over night.
- Thread pieces of the meat onto skewers and either cook on a very hot griddle or barbecue.
- Serve with plain rice, or couscous and roast vegetables etc.