- 500 grams fresh tuna – cut into bite-sized cubes
- 3 medium onions – sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely sliced
- 1 glass of fino wine, or dry-white can substitute
- Virgin extra olive oil
- 2 bay leaves
- 10 lightly crushed black-pepper corns
- Gently heat the oil in a large frying pan, preferably with a lid, add the onions and garlic and cook on a medium heat, stirring regularly, until soft and beginning to caramelize.
- Add the tuna to the pan and cook until sealed, add the bay leaves and pepper.
- Add the wine, increase the heat so the alcohol boils off, then cover and leave to simmer gently for approximately 20 minutes. Remove the lid and cook for a further 10 minutes so the sauce thickens.
- Serve with some chunky chips or plain boiled rice if preferred.